Teams violating the Field Use Rules are subject to loss of their practice times temporarily or possibly for the rest of the season.Violations include, but are not limited to the following:
Penalties for violations, except for the use of a closed field, shall result in the loss of the use of the field where the violation took place as described below:
- Intentionally kicking or hitting balls against fences.
- Practicing soccer with the soccer goals in game locations [for grass fields only]. Don't place goals in the game locations during practices. Place them along touch lines or out of the penalty area.
- Failing to abide by the grooming, maintenance or use requirements of a particular field that may require special grooming or preparation, (i.e., It may be required to lightly water down a baseball infield before dragging it to minimize dust), or involve special use restrictions (i.e. do not use the outfield fence on the Bayport Court side of Laureola as a backstop, park in the parking lots at Laureola and Highlands, not on the streets).
- Failure to comply with any specific permit condition, any rule or regulation applying to field use permits in general, a particular field's rules or regulations.
- Using a "closed field" or a "closed portion of a field". A "closed" field is a field that is so marked, is designated as "closed" on the field hotline [650-594-2626], or is otherwise in such a condition that it should obviously not be used.
For each of the first seven (7) violations at a field, the violating team or teams, and any and all other teams in their respective league(s), shall lose the use of that particular field for the next scheduled use for that particular day of the week.
After the seventh violation to occur at a particular field, the penalty for each violation thereafter shall be Permittees' loss of seven consecutive days of the use of that field, said penalty to begin one week following such violation.
Penalties for using a closed field:
After the tenth violation to occur at a particular field the penalty shall be Permittees' forfeiture of the use of that field each and every day of the remainder of the Permit period. Said Penalty shall begin immediately.
For the first and second violations at a field, the Permittee shall lose the use of that particular field for the next scheduled use for that particular day of the week.
For the third and fourth violation at a field, the Permittee shall lose the use of that field for seven consecutive days. Said penalty to begin one week following said violation.
For the fifth violation at a field, the Permittee shall lose the use of that field for each and every day of the remainder of the Permit period. Said Penalty to begin immediately.